Important Ecosystem Guidelines
These guidelines must be followed by all clients in order for us to work towards a streamlined and efficient login experience to all users. These guidelines will also help us reach a higher share of logged in users throughout the ecosystem of products and services that has implemented Schibsted account. Everybody wins!
- Manages user login state seamlessly
- Answers if user need to accept your TOS or not
- Helps clients automatically retrieve tokens for API access for logged in users
- Tells client when a user is logged out centrally and/or if the logged in user has changed in Schibsted account
- The SDK will be actively maintained by Schibsted account together with the community
- You may contribute to it on Github
Check that your implementation follows the login flow
- This flow documents every state a user visiting your site might have
- It will improve the stability of your implementation and the user experience of your users
Make sure that when user logs out, you trigger a logout from Schibsted account
- Respect the user’s choice when they choose to log out
- Consistency in the expected behaviour of a logout button/link
- To avoid confusing people and to protect personal security, we enforce this logout behavior
Branding of Schibsted account
Comply with the Schibsted account brand guidelines.
Note: The current brand guidelines are temporary and will be updated once the rebranding project is completed.
We need to offer a consistent and recognisable login experience across all products and services in the ecosystem
To-the-point technical guides that get you started with the Schibsted account API.
Connect your application to the Schibsted account API and make your first call, verify that your client ID and secrets are correctly configured.
Implementing Single Sign-On, how users log into your application via Schibsted account, and how you can access the Schibsted account API on their behalf.
Guide for native mobile development using the Schibsted account API.
Using Schibsted account as a payment provider, your users can purchase products via Schibsted account, and you can track their purchases in your application to give access to products and pages.
In-depth articles on various cross-cutting concerns.
Self service and support
API and Integration
FAQs and HOWTOs
Official API clients and SDKs
Schibsted account provides officially supported API clients (SDKs) for several languages. All our libraries are hosted on GitHub, feel free to report any issues, send pull requests, or just have a look at the source.
Looking for API details? Here you will find extensive reference documentation of all API endpoints.
Identifier Status API
Digital Contents API
Self Service API
eID Verification API
Asset access check